20. Lotion. Everywhere. In every room of your house. In your car. In your bestie’s car. In your handbags. You’ve also misplaced more lotion than most people own.
19. There are random flakes on your floor…on your couch…on your desk. Definitely in your bed.
18. Your laundry detergent is unscented.
17. Allergy tests!
16. You have a drawer filled with every kind of drowsy and non-drowsy antihistamine. You are also intimately familiar with the brand and generic names of multiple antihistamines.
15. You have a mental list of "itchy" foods.
14. You have a strange rash, somewhere, all the time.
13. You may own mittens.
12. Friends no longer pack toiletries when they travel with you because they know you always bring your own body wash, shampoo, conditioner (and sometimes your own pillowcase and sheets).
11. The sun is the enemy. But so is sunblock. 🙃
10. Sometimes you sweat and not from your underarms. 😬And sometimes you don’t sweat for weeks.
9. You have a collection of very stylish clothes that cover every inch of your body.
8. 2 words - Bamboo. Fibres.
7. Grass makes you nervous. So does pollen. And rain. Also, swimming in ponds and lakes if an immediate shower after is not possible.
6. You’ve become a chief investigator of irritants.
5. At the top of your Black Friday wishlist is an HVAC unit.
4. Swelling lips after eating something wrong doesn’t faze you anymore.
3. Fingerprints are something other people have.
2. You have a favourite dermatologist.
1. Hypoallergenic EVERYTHING.
I have had eczema my whole life - atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, dyshidrotic eczema. It is frustrating most of the time but I have been able to manage my flare ups thanks to recommendations from my friends with eczema. I'm here to help others like me get better too!
From the stories vault of a long term eczema sufferer
A poem by Itch Ni San (Eczema sufferer)
A story of despair, hope and triumph!
Leveraging technology, Skinlync provides user journey support and services that cover 3 key support principles: psychological support, access to reliable and safe resources and data collection and analysis.Learn more
Learn how to manage your condition and symptoms, receive emotional support from experts and others like you, and track your condition and skincare routine. We want to help you attain healthier skin and a happier mind.Explore
If you have a story to tell, knowledge to share, or a perspective to offer - welcome home. It’s easy and free to join Skinlync and post your thinking on anything about skin and wellbeing.Write on Skinlync