Your privacy is important to us.
A. PERSONAL DATA RELEVANT TO SKINLYNC
We use the following categories of personal data:
1. Personal details
When you register with us, you complete forms and provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your name, age and email address.
2. Health and medical information
The main type of information we hold about you is health and medical information, including but not limited to information about your health, symptoms, treatments, medications and interactions with our digital services.
We get some of this information directly from you, when you register with us and when you use our services. We may also hold information about you and your health from other apps, devices and services where you have given your consent to that data being shared with us.
3. Technical information and analytics
When you use our website or App, we may automatically collect the following information where this is permitted by your device settings:
(a) technical information, including the address used to connect your mobile phone or other devices to the Internet, your login information, system and operating system type and version, browser or app version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, and your location (based on IP address); and
(b) information about your visit, including products and services you viewed or used, website or App response times, interaction information (such as button presses) and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We work with partners who provide us with analytics and advertising services (for our services only and not for third party advertising). This includes helping us understand how users interact with our services, providing our advertisements on the internet, and measuring performance of our services and our adverts. Cookies and similar technologies may be used to collect this information, such as your interactions with our services.
4. Information obtained from third-party services
You may choose to connect your existing accounts with other providers (such as a social media provider) to your account with us. This may, for example, make it easier to create an account with us. If you choose to do this, we will receive limited information about you from that provider, such as your email address, name, and other sign-up related details.
B. USAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We generally process personal information for the following reasons:
1. To provide our services
We process personal information in order to provide our services, which includes creating customer accounts, authenticating logins, matching user profiles, generating treatment recommendations, connecting users and provide customer support.
2. To analyse and improve our services
We constantly work to improve our existing services and provide new services. We may also need to fix bugs or issues, analyse the use of our website to improve the customer experience or assess our marketing campaigns.
3. To perform research & development activities
Skinlync may perform research & development activities. We will include your de-identified personal information in a large pool of customer data for analyses aimed at improving our existing services, developing new services and contributing to scientific discoveries.
4. To conduct surveys or polls, and obtain testimonials
We value your feedback and may send you surveys, polls, or requests for testimonials to improve and optimize our services. You are in control of the information you would like to share with us. If you do not wish to receive these requests, you can manage them in your account settings.
5. To provide you with marketing communications
By creating an account with us, you are agreeing that we may send you product and promotional emails or notifications about our services and offers on new products, services, promotions or contests. You may also opt-in to receiving similar notifications on the website or App. You can unsubscribe from receiving these marketing communications at any time. To unsubscribe, click the email footer “unsubscribe” link or go to your account settings to edit your email notification preferences. To opt-out of receiving website and mobile notifications, you may do so within your browser or device settings.
C. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
1. We may share your personal data with companies we have hired to provide services on our behalf, including those who act as data processors on our behalf, acting strictly under contract in accordance with Article 28 GDPR. Those data processors are bound by strict confidentiality and data security provisions, and they can only use your data in the ways specified by us.
2. We may share with our commercial partners aggregated data that does not personally identify you, but which shows general trends, for example, the number of users of our service.
3. We will share your records with relevant parties for research and statistical purposes. You may contact us at any time to opt-out of this data sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We may preserve or disclose information about you to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to assert legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to prevent, detect, or investigate illegal activity, fraud, abuse, violations of our terms, or threats to the security of our services or the physical safety of any person.
Except as described above, we will never share your personal information with any other party without your consent.
D. RETENTION PERIOD
Unless you delete your account or delete certain personal information, we will store your personal information as long as your account is open. If you delete your account, we will take the steps to verify with you which personal information you would consent to use retaining and delete the rest of your personal information, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. To delete your account, contact us at email@example.com.
E. DATA STORAGE, SECURITY AND TRANSFERS
We do not store your personal information on your computer or mobile device. We store all your personal information on secure servers.
Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Your data may be processed or stored via destinations outside of the UK and the European Economic Area, but always in accordance with data protection law, including mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, and subject to strict safeguards. For example, we work with third parties who help deliver our services to you, whose servers may be located outside the UK or EEA.
F. YOUR RIGHTS
As indicated above, whenever we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by accessing your account settings in our website or App.
You also have specific rights under the GDPR and DPA to:
1. Wherever we process data based on your consent, withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this via the privacy section of our website or App;
2. Understand and request a copy of the information we hold about you via our email.
3. Ask us to rectify or erase information we hold about you, subject to limitations relating to our obligation to store your records for prescribed periods of time;
4. Ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data or object to our processing; and
5. Ask for your data to be provided on a portable basis.
G. CONTACT US
For any questions or concerns, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.